1. The smaller the government the lower the taxes! This is always good. (-:
2. The smaller the government the more freedom the citizens have.
3. The smaller the government the greater the chance of succeeding in a business venture. (One less taxes, few tariffs, no minimum wage, no requirements to give health care, etc.)
4. If there is no rule about the quality of working conditions than working conditions will go up. (Just look at history)
5. The lower the taxes, the more money gets donated to charities.
6. If the government stays out of education than children can get a better education. (See my other posts on education)
7. If the government stays out of health care than there will be better health care. (See my other posts on health care)
8. Thomas Paine said that “The more simple anything is, the less liable it is to be disordered, and the easier repaired when disordered.” S0 the smaller the government the less likely that things can get messed up.
9. The smaller the government the less need of a revolution of words and ideas, or of guns.
10. The smaller the government the more free the market, and the freer the market the better EVERYONE IS.
I know this list is not everything that makes a smaller government good, nor is it perfect put it does have some nice key points.